What is the Eight Diagram Tactics?
Ba Zhen Tou – Also known as the “Eight kinds of Battle Array”. It is the earliest military science in China and is a kind of battle formation and troops disposition in ancient battle. It is composed of eight battle arrays such as sky, ground, wind, cloudy, dragon, tiger, bird, snake. There are many records about Ba Zhen Tou, especially Zhuge Liang’s “San Guo Yan Yi” is almost known by everybody. However, The origin of Ba Zhen Tou in the history is almost unknown.
Legend of Condor Heroes – First of Jinyong’s Condor Trilogy. In the novel the Eight Diagram Tactics is a strategic area of Peach Blossom Island and it is a maze like area full of traps. The island is well known and secluded because of the Eight Diagram Tactics and the islands master Huang Yaoshi (one of 5 supreme martial artists) prohibits people in entering the island. In the story an old man (Zhou Botong) was trapped inside the island’s cavern for 20 years because he cant figure out how to get out of the tactics. Eventually he was found by Guo Jing who is in search of food by following a tortoise. An exact duplicate of the Eight Diagram Tactics was also found in Lu Chengfeng’s manor who is one of the six disciples of Huang Yaoshi. Yang Kang (Yang Guo’s father) was imprisoned inside Lu Manor’s Eight Diagram Tactics.
Moonbox Quest – In Conquer Online the Eight-Diagram Tactics is also known as the Moonbox Quest. The quest is a challenge for players and it consists of 8 areas which is Peace, Calmed, Disturbed, Deserted, Chaos, Prosperous, Death, and Life. Only level 70+ can enter and challenge the tactics and a reward will be given upon completing the quest. This will be the main topic of this guide.
Understanding the Quest
You must remember that the tactics are changeable. The teleporter will be randomly teleporting you to 7 possible locations; they are Peace, Calmed, Disturbed, Deserted, Chaos, Prosperous, and lastly is Death Tactic. In order to complete the quest you will need to have a complete set of tokens. A complete set consists of 6 tokens, one token per tactic (Peace, Calmed, Disturbed, Deserted, Chaos, & Prosperous). You can only get out from a tactic by showing a certain token of the tactic to the guardian ghost, no tokens will be dropped in Death tactic, so if you happen to teleport here without a complete set the only way out is by dieing. Also, all of the tokens and areas will look the same so you have to know or devise a strategy on how to sort or distinguish your tactics/tokens so you wont have problems in identifying or mixing them up.
1. Find Fortuneteller. If you are level 70+ and want to challenge the tactics, he will teleport you to the entrance of Eight-Diagram Tactics.
2. Talk to Maggie at the entrance to know the stories. And she’ll teleport you into one of the eight tactics randomly, but except for Life Tactic. There are Peace, Chaos, Deserted, Prosperous, Disturbed, Calmed, Death and Life Tactic.
3. After you enter a tactic, you do not know which one you have been at. You must kill the monsters in the tactic to get a token. With it, you talk to Guardian God, and he will tell you the name of the tactic you have entered, and the name of the token.
4. Take down the name and ask Ghost to teleport your out of here. After you talk to Maggie again, she will teleport you to another tactic randomly.
5. In this way, you gather the token of Peace, Chaos, Deserted, Prosperous, Disturbed, Calmed (the six tokens).
6. If you happen to be teleported to Death tactic, you will be told by Guardian God and Ghost that you enter Death tactic. If you do not have the six tokens, you cannot leave here until you die (you will lose items if you die, and if you log off, you will re-spawn at the same spot).
7. After you’ve collected all the six tokens, Maggie may teleport you to Death Tactic. Talk to the Ghost. He can make a Soul Jade out of your tokens and teleport you to Life Tactic.
8. Find lonely Ghost in this tactic. If you agree to help him get reborn, he will give you three meteors or a Moon Box. It is up to you. If you refuse to help him, he’ll take away your Soul Jade, teleport you out and give you nothing. Be very careful
In order to make things easier when making moonbox, you must first need a character that is strong enough to survive the tactics. A character with a very low defense wont be able to survive in this quest for long. Warriors and Trojans are good for this quest and reborn taos and archers with good physical defense can also do the quest if going melee. Having a high physical attack will speed up the process of getting tokens. Most 130 chars with dragon gems in their equipments make this quest with ease because they can kill the monsters fast but still its luck which determines how long a monster will drop a token or where you will be teleported to. Good luck!
This is the key that I have created when I started making moonbox 3 years ago. Its up to you if you want to do the same or devise your own strategy.
1. Plan where you will put your tokens and keep it on a certain warehouse. It is important to go out of the quest and return to town after collecting tokens from a tactic. This is to protect your tokens from dropping in case you be teleported to death tactic. You wont drop any because the tokens are not with you as it is kept in your warehouse. Also it helps you to identify which token is which, especially if you know what tokens are in a certain warehouse. You will be able to identify an unidentified token if you have planned it this way.
Example of where to put tokens:
Average Moonbox Maker (limited to 20 tokens per warehouse)
Twin City WH – Peace Tactic Tokens
Phoenix City WH – Calmed Tactic Tokens
Ape City WH – Disturbed Tactic Tokens
Deserted City WH – Deserted Tactic Tokens
Bird City WH – Chaos Tactic Tokens
Market WH – Prosperous Tactic Tokens
Pro Moonbox Maker (has 6 accounts just for token storage. Up to 140 tokens per account)
Name your token holders with the name of the tactic so you know what token a character is holding.
2. You must know what tactic you are into. The best way to know a tactic is by getting a token from a Toughhorn and to show to the guardian ghost, but there are also times when its taking so long for a monster to drop a token. There is another way to identify a tactic without a need of token. You can ask a person who is also inside the same tactic with you or know what kind of pots the monster from the tactic drops.
Peace Tactic – Panacea, Pearl Ointment
Calmed Tactic – Panacea, Soul Pill
Disturbed Tactic – Ginseng, Soul Pill (same with deserted)
Deserted Tactic – Ginseng Soul Pill (same with disturbed)
Chaos Tactic – Ginseng, Recovery Pill
Prosperous Tactic – Vanilla, Pearl Ointment
Death Tactic – Vanilla, Refreshing Pill (You dont need pots to figure this one out)
If you can notice the pots that are dropped in Disturbed Tactic and Deserted Tactic are just the same. You have no choice but to wait for a token to be dropped if you wanna figure out the what tactic you are in. Disturbed tactic has slow token drop rate so figuring it out might take some time.
If you seem to be in a tactic where you already collected many tokens then you can just let the monsters kill you if you want to save time. Use water elf, divine hare, or night devil if you have so the monsters can kill you. Only non reborn warriors without night devil has the problem in killing themselves. They mostly unequip one of their items either headgear, necklace, or armor. This is very dangerous especially in death tactic and you might drop your unequipped item. There is no guarantee you will get it back after dropping it.
3. Make a list of where you put and how many your tokens is and update it everytime you collect new tokens. You can also assign a definite key slot for certain token when exchanging tokens to moonbox. This way you can keep track of your tokens that even if you messed your tokens up you will not be so confused on sorting it.
4. Learn to use a set in search of a certain tactic. Since you can go anywhere when you have a complete set, try to look for a tactic where you need tokens most and get some of it before you exchange your set for moonbox.
5. If you have 2 strong characters like trojan or warrior try to have them both enter a different tactic. This is only if you can multitask between your 2 chars. This will save you time in getting the other tokens you need. You can also put a water tao reviver and token keeper inside of each tactic. This is just a security in case you get pkd inside and will also serve as a storage for your tokens inside the tactic this way you can get more tokens on the tactic you are in to.
6. Know the drop rates. This is from easiest to hardest (top to bottom). This is just my opinion from my experience. (After the lotto patch looks like the drop rates have changed. I hope someone can help me clarify this.)
7. Use a reborn with divine hare if you have for exchanging tokens into moonbox. This will cut off travel time in search of death tactic.
Awards on obtaining a Monbox
1. You can sell it for cash depending on its price on your server
2. It will give you things at random when you open it. These are the things that you can get from a moonbox.
– refined socketed necklace/bag/ring/bracelet/boots (rare)
– meteor and refined necklace/bag/ring/bracelet/boots
– unique necklace/bag/ring/bracelet/boots
– elite necklace/bag/ring/bracelet/boots
– three meteors
Exigências de Level:
Acima do Level 70
* Fortuneteller em Wind Plain (340,720)
* Maggie, no quest map (19,19)
* Guardian God, no quest map (204,149)
* Ghost, no quest map (8,67)
* Lonely Ghost, no quest map
Três meteoros ou uma Moon Box. Use a Moon Box para ver o que você ganhará. Pode ser meteoros, equipamentos, até mesmo socketed items. Moon Box também é um item pedido para a promoção ao level Level 110.
1. Ache o Fortuneteller. Se você é level 70+ e quer desafiar as táticas, ele te teleportará para a entrada do Eight-Diagram Tactics.
2. Fale com Maggie na entrada para saber as histórias. Ela te teleportará para dentro de uma das eight tactics randomicamente, com exceção da Life Tactic. Existem Peace, Chaos, Deserted, Prosperous, Disturbed, Calmed, Death e a Life Tactic.
3. Depois de entrar em uma tactic, você não sabe em qual você já esteve. Você tem que matar os monstros da tatic para conseguir um símbolo. Com isso, você fala com o Guardian God, e ele te falará o nome da tactic que você entrou, e o nome do símbolo.
4. Pegue o nome e peça ao Ghost para teleportá-lo para fora dali. Depois de falar com a Maggie novamente, ela te teleportará para uma outra tatic randomicamente.
5. Desse modo, você junta o símbolo da Peace, Chaos, Deserted, Prosperous, Disturbed, Calmed (os seis símbolos).
6. Se acontecer de ser teleportado para a Death tactic, você será avisado pelo Guardian God e pelo Ghost que você entrou na Death tactic. Se você não tem os seis símbolos, você não pode sair dela até você morrer (você perderá itens se você morrer, e se você fizer log-off, você voltará no mesmo ponto quando se logar).
7. Depois de ter juntado todos os seus símbolos, Maggie pode te teleportar para a Death Tactic. Fale com o Ghost. Ele pode fazer uma Soul Jade dos seus símbolos e te teleportar para a Life Tactic.
8. Ache o lonely Ghost nesta tactic. Se você aceitar ajudá-lo a renascer, ele lhe dará três meteóros ou uma Moon Box. É sua escolha. Se você não aceitar, ele pegará sua Soul Jade, te telepota-rá para fora e não te dará nada. Seja cuidadoso.